10/08/2020 - 14/08/2020
7:00 - 15:00
Modecenterstrasse 22, 1030 - Wien
HCIA-Routing & Switching certification validates the knowledge and skills required for basic configuration and maintenance of small to medium-sized networks.
HCIA-Routing & Switching curriculum includes, but is not limited to the following:
Basic connection methods of popular networks;
Basic network construction;
Troubleshooting of common network faults;
With HCIA-Routing & Switching certification, you demonstrate a basic understanding of small and medium-sized networks, including general network technologies, and the ability
to assist the design of small and medium-sized networks, and implement the designs using Huawei routing and switching devices.
With engineers who are HCIA-Routing&Switching certified, enterprises are able to construct simple networks and integrate voice, wireless, cloud, security, and storage technologies
into their networks in order to support a variety of applications.
- On completion of this program, the participants will be able to:
- Explain the intricacies of data transmission over IP networks, for competency in supporting, maintaining and troubleshooting IP networks.
- Perform IP address planning for establishing well designed networks.
- Navigate and manage Huawei products through the virtual routing platform (VRP).
- Build efficient data switching environments through the management of switching products and manipulation of related (STP/RSTP) link layer protocols.
- Explain the principles of routing and configure (RIP/OSPF) routing protocols for implementation and support of effective enterprise network routing solutions.
- Establish solutions for enterprise network administration and management through application layer services including DHCP, FTP and Telnet.
- Establish a fundamental network capable of supporting basic communications.
- Enhance link layer performance the through implementation of features and services including link aggregation, VLAN technologies and GVRP.
- Manage and support Wide Area Network communications over serial links for a range of technologies including HDLC, PPP, PPPoE and Frame Relay.
- Apply Network Address Translation (NAT) solutions for private networks.
- Provide Wireless WAN network backup solutions over 3G cellular networks.
- Provide effective IP security solutions using various security architectures including Access Control Lists (ACL), AAA, and IPsec with GRE support solutions.
- Describe and implement solutions for unified enterprise network management, including SNMP and Huawei eSight NMS technology solutions.
- Establish truly business capable enterprise networks for real-world industries.
A working knowledge of networks and IT technologies.
Module 1: Building Basic IP Networks
- Enterprise Network Constructs
- Ethernet Framing
- IP Addressing
- Internet Control Message Protocol
- Address Resolution Protocol
- Transport Layer Protocols
- Data Forwarding Scenario
Module 2: Huawei Device Navigation and Configuration
- Expanding the Huawei Enterprise Network
- Navigating the CLI
- File System Navigation and Management
- VRP Operating System Image Management
Module 3: Supporting and Maintaining
- Enterprise Local Area Networks
- Establishing a Single Switched Network
- Spanning Tree Protocol
- Rapid Spanning Tree Protocol
Module 4: Establishing Internetwork Communication
- Segmenting the IP Network
- IP Static Routes
- Distance Vector Routing with RIP
- Link State Routing with OSPF
Module 5: Implementing Network Application Services
- DHCP Protocol Principles
- FTP Protocol Principles
- Telnet Protocol Principles
Module 6: Local Enterprise Network Features and Services
- Link Aggregation
- VLAN Principles
- GARP & GVRP
- Wireless LAN Overview
Module 7: Connecting Beyond the Enterprise Network
- Bridging Enterprise Networks with Serial WAN Technology
- Frame Relay Principles
- Establishing DSL Networks with PPPoE
- Network Address Translation
- Establishing Enterprise Radio Access Network Solutions
Module 8: Securing the Enterprise Network
- Access Control Lists
- Securing Data with IPsec VPN
- Generic Route Encapsulation
Module 9: Enterprise Network Management Solutions
- Simple Network Management Protocol
- eSight Network Management Solutions
Module 10: Supporting IPv6 Networks
- Introducing IPv6 Networks
- IPv6 Routing Technologies
- IPv6 Application Services – DHCPv6