07/12/2020 - 08/12/2020
Virtual, - Online
We recommend that attendees of this course have the following prerequisites:
- For IT project managers – courses taken: AWS Technical Essentials
- For IT professionals – courses taken: Architecting on AWS
- Certifications achieved (optional): AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate
- Familiarity with enterprise IT infrastructure (hardware and software)
Migrating to AWS focuses on planning and migrating existing workloads to the AWS Cloud. The course covers various cloud migration strategies with a detailed discussion on each phase of the migration process, including portfolio discovery, application migration planning and design, migration execution, and post-migration validation and application optimization.
The first part of the course provides students with an overview of migration planning principles and best practices, and the second half of the class focuses on migration design and implementation with hands-on labs to reinforce concepts.
This course is designed for solutions architects and engineers who perform cloud migrations and have an understanding of core AWS services and design patterns covered in Architecting on AWS, and is also available to IT project managers involved in the planning of those migrations who have completed AWS Technical Essentials.
This course is intended for:
- Solutions Architects and engineers who perform cloud migrations and have completed AWS Technical Essentials or Architecting on AWS
- IT Project Managers who are involved in projects related to migrating existing workloads to the AWS Cloud and have completed AWS Technical Essentials or Architecting on AWS
- Individuals who are part of an organizations cloud Center of Excellence (CoE)
- Day 1
- Migrating to AWS – An Overview
- Discovery, Analysis, and Planning
- Migration Planning and Design
- Day 2
- Migration, Integration, and Validation
- Optimizing Applications and Operating in the AWS Cloud