03/03/2021 - 04/03/2021
Modecenterstrasse 22, 1030 - Wien
- Working knowledge of Oracle Database 12c R2 Clusterware, ASM and RAC
- Oracle Database 12c R2: Clusterware Administration (D99340GC20)
- Oracle Database 12c R2: ASM Administration Ed 2 (D81242)
- Oracle Database 12c R2: RAC Administration Ed 2 (D81250)
- Oracle Database 12c: Data Guard Administration (D79232)
- Oracle Database 12c R2: Managing Multitenant Architecture (D79128)
In the Oracle Database 18c: High Availability New Features course, students will learn about new software features and improvements found in Oracle Clusterware, Oracle ASM, Real Application Clusters, and Oracle Data Guard. After completing the course, students will be able to:
- Configure and implement Oracle Clusterware enhancments.
- Use and manage ASM using the new features in this release.
- Use additional enhancements for Oracle ACFS and ADVM.
- Leverage Oracle RAC new featuers found in this release.
- Configure and use Oracle Data Guard new features.
- Use new Data Guard Broker commands.
Benefits To You
By enrolling in this course, you’ll learn how to better implement High Avaiability features found in Oracle Clusterware, ASM, ACFS, RAC and Data Guard in your own computing environment.
- Database Administrator
- End User
- Implement Shared SCAN VIPs
- Configure and manage Cross-Domain Protocol Proxies
- Convert normal or high redundancy disk groups to flex disk groups
- Create point-in-time database clones using Oracle ASM file group enhancements
- Enable/disable Hardware Assisted Resilient Data (HARD) checking
- Incorporate updated acfsutil commands for better management of Oracle ACFS snapshots
- Replicate a mounted file system or a snapshot of a mounted file system
- Manage role reversal for primary and standby ACFS sites
- Perform an Image-based Oracle RAC Database Installation
- Implement Private Temporary Tables on Active Data Guard Instances
- Describe the benefits of Continuous Application Availability
- List the benefits of Read-Only Oracle Homes
Oracle Data Guard
- Database Nologging Enhancements
- List and describe the new Data Guard Configurable Properties
- Explore New Data Guard Broker Commands